Monday, February 26, 2018

Complaint about a California polygraph examiner: he told potential client "I charge $500 and you only get to write one question to be used"; and other odd info

Complaint about a California polygraph examiner: he told potential client "I charge $500 and you only get to write one question to be used"; and other odd info

(No public identifiers are listed. If you recognize yourself here, and if the complaint is true, correct the situation for the future. Courtesy of Polygraph Examiners Of America, www.peoa.US )

Recent past complaints: N
Examiner gender: M

All per potential client, who wanted her boyfriend tested:

--"The examiner said he discounts a polygraph test down to $500 if it is for infidelity instead of business"

--"The examiner said I only get to ask one question, and he will modify that question"

--"I asked if I could ask on the test 'Did you have sex with (Name)?"; he said No, you can only ask if he has cheated on you, there is no real reason why you would ever want to know WHO he cheated with"

--"He said if I had two questions I wanted him to ask my boyfriend then that would make it a 'multi-issue test' that is not allowed and I must get a second test at additional cost"

--When I asked him why other examiners with more experience than him allow more than one question AND charge less, he said 'I spend more time with you' "

NOTE: depending on which of the approved 'techniques' (scripts) an examiner chooses to use, there can be up to three or four questions of importance included, which can come from the client.